Welcome to Historic Smithonia Farm

Tucker Plantation is under new ownership with a new name: Historic Smithonia Farm.

Smithonia’s beauty and history inspire love at first site for Pam NeSmith, former owner of The Bottleworks in Athens, GA.   In the late 1800s, James Monroe Smith carved a 16,000 acre territory and named it Smithonia, with three mammoth brick barns as part of the heart of the community.  Smith passed away in 1915, but his legacy lives on through the impressive structures he built on the rolling land.

And now, nearly a century later, Pam NeSmith wants to revive the magic that Smith started.  In November of 2012, she purchased the three barns including the 223 acres and selected a new name: Historic Smithonia Farm.  Dozens of soon-to-be brides have already begun reserving wedding dates for 2013 and 2014.

As NeSmith concentrates on Smithonia, she will work with Conley Perry (Tucker Plantation’s Director of Operations and now Historic Smithonia Farm’s Director of Events and Sales) on making Historic Smithonia Farm a showplace once again.

We are booking up quickly for weddings, corporate events, and other special occasions for 2013-2014.  If you would like to schedule a tour of the farm, please email us at smithoniafarm@gmail.com or simply fill out the contact form on this website.